Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Guest Designer: Leah Cornelius + Her Take On Our Monthly Challenge!

Hi, friends!  It's Mynn here with a SPECIAL post for this first Sunday of the month!  I'm pleased to announce that we have an absolutely AMAZING guest designer with us for the month of May--Leah Cornelius of Paper Blossoms!  She's made not one but TWO amazing creations that follow this month's challenge and I KNOW you're gonna love them!  Take it away, Leah!


 Hello! I am so excited to share that I am the guest designer at the Great Impressions blog this month! They have a wide variety of fabulous stamps and I have had a wonderful time using some of them. My first post is to feature one of the past tutorials on the GI blog and use it on my cards. I chose to use the watercolor resist technique, which I just love. You can find the original tutorial here, (click!).

For my first card I used the lovely Flower Bouquet -J110 and stamped it in white embossing powder and then used watercolors to color my image. I purposefully went outside of the lines to give it a softer look. I also added a soft wash to the background. For my butterflies I stamped the Butterfly Frame -H226 focusing on just the butterfly and embossed it in white powder, watercolored it and fussy cut it out. My sentiment tag come from the super versatile set, Tags -G483. I actually cut my stamp apart so that each tag is a separate stamp and fussy cut it out. I heat embossed and watercolored it as well.


My second card uses the same technique of watercolor emboss resist but doing more of a background wash. I started by stamping the lovely Queen Ann Lace - E807 all over my kraft cardstock base in white embossing powder and then doing some vibrant colors for my wash. I love how the kraft paper deepens the bright colors and really makes the white pop. My sentiment is from Tags- G483. I hope you've enjoyed my cards today. I have lots more to share with you each Sunday this month! Thanks so much for stopping by!


Supplies:

5 comments :

Patti J said...

Beautifully done, Leah! This is one of my favorite techniques. What a wonderful showcasing of the Great Impressions stamps! Thanks for sharing :-)

~ Kendra ~ said...

Two very beautiful cards!! So exciting to have you guest designing with us this month!!

Mynn xx said...

Absolutely stunning, Leah!!! LOVE these amazing creations! :) Mynn xx

jonim52 said...

Gorgeous cards!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Both cards are fab but I love the way you repeated the queen anne's lace stamp over and over on the second

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...