Linked Banner

People Who Leave A Great Impression On Us

Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday Fun

Hello Friends!

Katy here and there are so many exciting things going on today!  First let me wish all of our U.S. fans a Happy July 4th!

Second, we are changing how we do the tutorials.  There will be a new tutorial at the beginning of each month from a different Design Team Member.

So today it is my turn to show you a tutorial-how to make dryer sheet flowers.  First let me show you my card using Great Impressions Stamps:



The butterfly stamp that I used has three butterflies so I fussy cut the one I wanted and glued down his body.  This left the wings to kind of bend upwards to make him look like he's fluttering.

The sentiment is from the Tags stamp which I also cut out.  I used a tooth pick that I added some extra brown ink for the flag.

The Simple Elegance stamp is the red embossed swirls on the paper with the text.  This is one of my favorite stamps!

The Rose stamp is the text in the background.  I embossed the stamp image with clear embossing powder and heat set it.  Then I used distress inks to bring out the text.


Now it's time to make the flower!  

Supplies:  2 or more used dryer sheets
                Flower Die Cut (I don't know if the framelets will cut through the dryer sheet)
                Color mist-I used Dylusions and Heidi Swapp
                Brad 
                Button for middle
                Crop-a-dile

The flower is made out of a couple of used dryer sheets and this die cut.  Finally, laundry is fun!  OK maybe not! ;)  If you don't have a die cut machine you can cut and layer circles for a different looking flower.


After your flowers are cut, mist them.  I used a blue and a red.  Let the mist dry.  

I have a spray box that I use, but I always put tissue paper, cardstock, or wax paper underneath so it catches the overflow.  Then you have cool misted paper for another project.



Then I stack the flower on top of each other until I like my flower.  I used a Crop-a-dile to make the hole through all of the layers and put on the brad.  This way I could move my flower around to figure out where I like it.  Then I realized I didn't like the brad so I glued a button on top of the brad.  The brad can be optional.  

Here's a close up of my card.  



Thank you for stopping by!  And remember for more cool tutorials check us out on Pinterest and for more daily inspiration check out our Facebook Page!








No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...